Monday, August 18, 2008

Where Did I Put That?

How many of you have ever lost something? Yeah. That's what I thought. I lose stuff all the time. But shockingly enough, my sister loses her cell phone even more than I lose other stuff. Sometimes it's fun to take it, and wait a few minutes until she starts frantically searching. She always just assumes that she left it somewhere, and you can keep her going for as long as you want to. In fact, I've pulled several cell phone related pranks on her (like changing her language setting to Portuguese), but that's another story. Anyway, the other day, she was looking for it, and accused me of taking it, but I genuinely didn't know where it was at this time.

Now, you may think losing a phone is a simple fix, right? You just call the number and let it ring until you find it. The problem with this theory is that Jacqueline tends to have her phone on silent all the time. So there I was in the kitchen, sitting on the counter, wondering if I knew where her phone was when it hit me. *thud* OW!!

Why haven't any cell phone manufacturers made a cell phone that has a low jack feature? You call your number, but add a code on the end so that it will ring even if it's on vibrate or silent. Of course the code would have to be set by you, otherwise people would be calling you with that number added, and that would be a total fiasco. It doesn't seem to me like it would be that hard to do for a company with researchers paid to make this stuff work. What do you think? Does anybody else have the tendency to lose their phone? Has this already been done, and I am just oblivious to it? I think it would be a nice feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment