Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Best Way To Get Rid Of Germs"

So, being criticized for not having a link in my other post this morning (....or...yesterday morning....wow it's late...no, early...well, I guess it depends on where you are....I need sleep!) I am going to post the original here. I can't link to it, because the original was on Facebook, and it would be worthless for those of you who aren't friends with David Lorimer. I'm going to assume that that's all of you.

When I was in about 6th grade or so, this nurse did a demonstration about germs.
Using glow-germs (those cool powder things that glow under a certain light), she
demonstrated how germs spread and how hard they are to remove. She put a little
on each of our hands, and told us to go wash. We washed long and hard, using
lots of soap. But when we returned, she shined the light again, and we saw there
were germs still on our hands.I have thought up what we should have done. When
we were sent to wash, we should have licked our hands clean with our tongues. If
the germs came off, she wouldn't know how; and if they didn't come off, then why
should we be worried about having germs on our hands?! :) Ok, why did it take me
over 11 years to think of this? I guess I'm slow.(sometimes it takes me awhile)


So there it is. A post filled with useless links and a more detailed account of the germ theory I posted earlier. And now, I am going to bed. Did you know they start church services an hour earlier in Nashville than in Olive Branch? It's crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment