Thursday, August 21, 2008

Advice, Oh Wise One!...

Okay...You will just have to do.

I really don't know what to say. I got 5 hours of sleep last night, and I have been running all over today. It's been pretty busy. On the plus side, I am all packed and the car is loaded for the move tomorrow. I am really really excited. Ya know, people are just not helpful. I'm all excited, and not really all that nervous, and then 500 people tell you that they would be worried. They would be nervous. They would never leave home at 16. Then they smile and say good luck like that just magically fixes all of those doubts that they just planted in your mind. I am still much more excited than nervous, though. It will be a pretty awesome experience, I think. I have heard so many funny college stories that I.....umm....well, lets just say I've heard a lot, and I'm ready to participate.

A friend asked me the other day if I was ready, and I said "No, I'm not. It's more fun that way." I think I might have shocked her a little, but then when I explained what I meant, I think she might have understood a little better. I told her that there's no way I could possibly prepare myself for every experience and situation that I am going to be in, so if I honestly tried to, and convinced myself that I was completely ready, I would end up freaking out when I got to the first situation I didn't plan for. So I was basically saying that I've prepared as much as possible, but now it's time to expect the unexpected.

So for those older, wider wiser, more experienced folks that have done this before, I would really appreciate any advice you might have. I read a lot, so feel free to be as eloquent as you want. I don't really even care if you write a whole book, as long as you give me a free copy. So tell me what you know about everything - Scholarships, classes, money management, driving in a crazy city like Nashville......the best ways to eat a pizza! Just tell me something! Thanks!

[Note from the Author: How unusual! I just ran the spell check, and it found no misspellings!]

No comments:

Post a Comment