Sunday, July 20, 2008

Useless Knowledge....Or is It?

Well, those of you who know me know that I know a little bit about anything there is to know about. Notice that I said "a little", and I also said "know" several times, but that's totally irrelevant. Well, almost daily over the past few weeks I've been telling people random tidbits of information to go along with the conversation we were having at the moment. So I'm gonna try to come up with a new one every week for the blog, cuz lets face it, I would not be able to handle the pressure of a new one every day, and most aren't that interesting. =)

So for the sake of not rambling on all night I'm gonna tell you now. Tonight's random fact was that the rules of chivalry state that a kiss on the hand should always be initiated by the lady. For a man to initiate it is completely rude, and when it is preformed, you don't actually kiss the hand itself. You should cradle the lady's hand in yours putting your thumb on top and actually kiss the knuckle of your thumb. So, I guess it's all about show.

And yes, this actually did come up in a normal conversation. Thanks Nathan!

No comments:

Post a Comment