Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Random Kind of Guy...

So, those of you who know me well know that I'm quite random sometimes. But I always seem to amaze myself with the thoughts that pop into my head, or the connections I make between totally unrelated subjects, or the things you find in my trunk.

Last Sunday, I was getting ready to come home from church, when my sister's boyfriend, who is visiting for a few days, tried to put his trumpet into my trunk. Not a big deal, right? Wrong! You see, when we bought my car, it didn't come with a key to the trunk simply because the previous owner had inherited the car and didn't have one. This has never been a problem because we always just popped the trunk with the lever inside the driver's door. However, like many trunk popping mechanisms, it has a lock on it. So when I went to pop the trunk for Thomas to put his trumpet in, I found it locked with no way to unlock it.

So since I am now locked out of my trunk, I start to wonder if there might be anything I actually need in there. Of course, I have the "normal" trunk items like a spare tire and a jack. Then there are other things like an air compressor for in case I have a flat tire, but that's where the ordinary ends. There is also a rabbit cage in there, which is kinda odd because we haven't had a rabbit in almost two years. Then there is a coat. Actually, one of my nicer jackets and the warmest one I have.

Now, it's pretty obvious why someone would keep a spare in the trunk, right? Because it doesn't fit in the glove box! *rimshot followed by crickets* Oh well. My Mom always told me that there were too many comedians out of work for me to crack lame jokes. Maybe one day I'll learn. So if you have a spare tire, you're gonna need some way to lift the car to change the tire, thus the jack. But why in the world would I have a rabbit cage in my trunk? Well, the answer is simple. It was given away to someone with a rabbit, and then they moved and it was given back. The reason it was still in the trunk was that apparently, I'm just too lazy to get it out.

Well, since we're on the subject of laziness, who carries a coat in their trunk in the middle of July? and in Mississippi! Oh yeah, that would be me. You see, Spring is Mississippi is a crazy season. One day it's 70 degrees; the next day it's 35. I personally don't wear a coat all that often because I'm pretty warm natured, and cold doesn't really bother me that much. The only reason for the coat in the first place was that my girlfriend was always cold. Ergo, I need to have a coat nearby if at all possible. Unfortunately, by the time the coat got into my car the relationship was coming to an end anyway. I'm a little slow like that =)

I guess my point here is that if I had a rabbit cage and a jacket in my car, who knows what else could be in there? I look forward to the day when I will get to open it and re-discover the treasures within! It'll be like Christmas!!

PS - I tend to use weird words....like "Ergo"

No comments:

Post a Comment