Monday, July 14, 2008

Kung Fu Master

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, this is a video that I made with Jon-Marc a couple of years ago. We were doing a few spoofs that day just for fun, and while we were shooting some commercials to go in the middle of the main show we did this one where I got hurt.




Now, I wasn't actually supposed to injure myself. The idea of the video was for Jon-marc to be over-dramatically trying to sell karate lessons while I performed the karate that he taught in the background - badly. (we didn't have actual scripts for any of the videos) Then when he made the point about balance, I was supposed to fall. Unfortunately, what was supposed to be a convincing but fake fall turned into a real and very painful one. One thing that I find funny is that Jon-marc knew that I was supposed to fall, so when he heard the huge thud, he didn't even know I was hurt.



In the end, I wasn't really hurt badly. I blacked out for a couple seconds, but really, I just had the wind knocked out, and I was sore for a while. So for a bit of pain, and a fair share of embarrassment, I have gained a video that has brought a smile to many faces. So was it worth it? You tell me!



In addition to all of that, I e-mailed this video to a friend of mine from camp, and being the "techy" guy that he is, he edited it for us making it look more like a commercial.



Well, I hope you got a smile or a laugh out of watching my pain, but even if you didn't, I had fun making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment