Friday, July 18, 2008

An Average Day -- A Blessing from God

Well, it's been a rather interesting day! I had to go get shots today so that I can actually go to college next month. Shots are always fun. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I'm going back on Monday for more *groan*

My sister, Jacqueline, and I also got to sing for our church's senior citizens group, the "Primetimers". It's funny because they told her that they wanted us to sing weeks in advance, but they didn't tell me until last Sunday. Of course, she forgot to tell me too, so we had a week to come up with several songs to sing. I'm gonna be honest with you here....we didn't start anything until last night. In the end it all worked out all right. We sang "You Alone", "Jesus, Lover of my Soul", "Nothing but the Blood", "In Christ Alone", and we led them in singing "The Love of God", "Come, Thou Fount", and "Mansion over the Hilltop". So by the time we were done, my fingers were a little tired from playing the guitar, and my sister was starting to lose her voice so we didn't even sing the last song that we had planned.

At the end of the night, they took up an offering to donate to me and Jacqueline for our college funds! It was really unexpected, and I was so thankful for their thoughtfulness! I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but FWBBC is EXPENSIVE!!!! They were really a blessing to me tonight, and I think I speak for my sister also when I say Thank You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment