Saturday, July 26, 2008

Risk, Report, and Random Hostility

Hola! I have had a surprisingly good day. I think I've relaxed more than I have any other Saturday this summer. I didn't have to mow today (even though I'll have to mow it Monday) because it rained, and I actually didn't have a long list of chores to do here either! So, I accomplished all of the stuff I had to do, but didn't really have to do anything. It feels good. Okay, so I might be a tad on the lazy side; I'm a teen, okay?

Recently I've been playing Risk on Facebook, and other than the obvious things you learn, like strategy and logic, I've learned (or been reminded of) a few other things. So, I thought I might share a few of those lessons here, because some, though obvious in some ways, aren't really things you think about that often.
  1. We have millions of soldiers in our armed forces who are just regular people fighting for the freedom we take for granted. I talked to a guy today who was a tank commander in the army. Let's not forget about them!
  2. If you try to kill somebody, they typically don't like you very much.
  3. There are a lot of people out there who need Jesus Christ in their lives. It's shocking how much foul language, anger, and bitterness some people will show just over a game.
  4. Some people are just CRAZY!
  5. Don't gamble. I realize that in Risk, it's kinda the whole point of the game, but I'm talking about money. I've discovered that when you really need a good dice roll, you get ones and twos. Thus, if there was money on the game, I'd be a very poor man. Well.....poorer than I am now.
  6. A simple game can be very addicting.
  7. One mistake can cost you everything
  8. The person with the best plan doesn't always win.
  9. The person with the most armies doesn't always win either. (a lot of the game is not making enemies until you're strong enough to kill them...I'm not really sure how that applies to life)

Well, I guess that's all of the game related insights for the night. Don't forget to pray for Team Honduras! And until next time, this is Caleb Jones saying "Don't touch my pizza!"

1 comment:

  1. Scripture on Risk - I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

    Ecclesiastes

    Somedays it all about chance

    First time to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete