Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Team Honduras

Well, it was another fairly un-eventful day. I should be going tomorrow to try to get my shot again. Maybe I'll actually get it done this time, and have my medical papers signed by next Friday when I go to pre-enroll. There are only 33 more days until classes start! I'm so excited. Of course, I'm going to miss all of my friends here in Olive Branch (except Jessica), but I have a few friends in Nashville, and we already have some fun stuff planned for when I move up there. Plus, I will get to make lots of new friends. That'll be fun.



Please remember my youth group in prayer. They are leaving this Friday for a mission trip to Honduras with World Gospel Missions. I really wish I could go, but I'm not going to get to, so I figure the next best thing is to pray for them! They will be working in a village built around a dump-like area where many families basically just scavenge the dump for a living. They will be ministering to the children in the area, primarily. I am not really sure exactly what they will be doing, because none of them speak much Spanish; I guess they will have to do their best to show God's love instead of telling about it. The team members going are Scott and Mary King as sponsors, Nathan Gedeon, Jessica Barnett, Rebekah Gedeon, and Sam Temple.



Well, it looks like that's all for tonight....until next time....Buenos Noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment