Thursday, January 8, 2009

Back For a Second Round

Well, I survived. I made it through my first semester as a full time college student, and now I'm back. I am definitely excited about the new opportunities of this semester. In fact, it's really really nice to be starting the semester with an identity. When I first showed up, I was either "Jacqueline's brother" or "the 16 year old." Now, I actually have a name and a few friends, which is quite beneficial. 
This semester is going to be different though. I have 18 hours of classes, which is the same as last semester except they are all on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Then since I don't have any Tuesday-Thursday classes, I should hopefully be getting a job soon. So, my class schedule for this semester is as follows:

MWF 8:00-8:55 AM - Basic English Composition
MWF 9:00-9:55 AM - U.S History (Second Semester....I didn't fail)
MWF 1o:00-10:45 AM- Chapel
MWF 11:00-11:55 AM - New Testament Survey: Gospels and Acts
MWF 12:00-12:55 PM - Evangelism and Discipleship
MW 1:30-3:00 PM - College Choir (The official choir of FWBBC that travels to different churches to perform and brainwash influence high school students to attend FWBBC)
M 7:00-8:30 PM - Choral Union (The group that sings at Christmas on Richland and performs the Spring Musical - Which happens to be "The Sound of Music" this year)
W 3:00 - 4:00 PM - Chapel Choir (The choir that focuses on the basics of choral singing and performs in chapel once a month)
F ????????????? - College Algebra (This class changed days and times so the time on my schedule isn't right and I really have no idea what time it is)

That's my schedule....add a 6-10 campus job and a Tues-Thurs part time job, and I'm gonna be pretty busy. I am excited, though. I have a really good feeling about this semester and I'm looking forward to the challenge. Sadly enough I still don't have a class that actually applies to my major. 

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! You WILL be busy, but it is a good type of busy. May God be with you as you balance time between school, work, and breathing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if you are in the spring musical, are you going to try out for Troy Bloton, Ryan Evans or Chad Danforth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, I really don't know how to respond to that question. We are doing the sound of music though. I forgot to mention that when I wrote the post, but I did update it later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caleb, Have you seen High School Musical?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is pretty normal to not start on your major until second year. First you learn how to survive college level courses, and write and speak on a college level, so when you get to classes in your major you will be able to focus more on the content and not just the commas and "uhms". :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, I understand the concept of getting your feet wet before diving in, but I am still not a huge fan of the Gen-Ed courses...

    ReplyDelete